Tuesday 7 May 2013

First attempts at crochet

I've been wanting to learn to crochet for a while, since I never seemed to get on with knitting.
I found a nice simple pattern for a granny square blanket in a craft magazine and had a go at that.
This is the first square I made, the pattern is a mixture of chain stitches and treble stitches, that goes round for four rows before adding another row of a contrasting colour.














Once I got the hang of the pattern the pile of squares soon grew, I found I was able to crochet in a range of places, including travelling in a car, and when I took my mum to blood donors, the next blanket I make I intend to work on while camping in the summer.
I've got four complimenting colours for my squares now I just need to stitch them together and do a row of treble stitches around the outside.






After mastering the granny squares I decided to try something abit more complicated so did these little owls out of a book a friend got me for Christmas.
Aren't they cute, we've call them Horace and Boris.
Hopefully making more owls to sell on craft stalls soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment