Friday 23 January 2015

Crafting this week

So I'm still beavering away crafting at home while the shop is out of action. Progress is being made with the old floorboards taking out and the gap filled with concrete ready to tile on to. I'm sad to see the floor change but it would be unfeasible to replace it with the same encase it floods again.
So this week I have been carrying on with my card making. Up first a break from the stamping as I found a paper pack in my stash from an issue of Craft Seller magazine and decided to make some cards using it.

 A selection of square cards in two different sizes the larger ones are kraft brown colored bases. I always like to punch a real hole in the tag shapes and add a bit of ribbon or paper strip to complete the effect.
And some rectangular ones these cards have a range of styles and sentiments and will offer a choice from the stamped one which I have been making. I enjoyed playing around with the layering and adding touch like the strips of quilling paper. I seem to have got quite a stash of it in different colors from various magazine free gifts but am not a great quiller so I am glad to have a use for some of it.  

The next set is using some of the card bases from my Tilda card background paper pad. I have embellished these double sided printed bases with stamps in complimenting colors, printed tags and mini bunting pendants. I do like how they have turned out with a real vintage feel.





 I then went back to my stamping after seeing some inspiration on pintrest and remembering I had some industrial themed papers in my stash I made these three.
Using the feeling sentimental set which I think works well against the brick and metal patterns to create some very blokey cards which is often quite a challenge.




The next set were made using the aviary set of stamps. I focused on using the bird cages to create the bottom part of the card a patterned strip is then added and above that the sentiment stamped directly on to the card. Two or three birds are added and the finishing touch of peals or crystals. I like the clean cut classy style of these and the way it works over both the rectangular and square shapes and two different colored bases.

The other crafty thing I have produced this week its this.
I felt in the mood to do some baking and found a recipe for apricot tea loaf in one of my books. its super yummy with a spread of butter and I think I will be making more in future particularly at the rate Alex is munching it.
 I have also started on a set using love and laughter but this isn't finished yet so will be included in the next blog post. I think after this set I might have a brake from card making and move on to creating some everyday felt decorations, my partridges at Christmas were well revived and I have ideas for birds, bird houses and matryoshka doll style ones. I've also completed a crochet garland in spring colors but its waiting to be pressed and not photographed yet. Come back soon for more crafty goings ons.

No comments:

Post a Comment