Friday 19 June 2015

Quick little commission

Been doing quite alot of crochet recently I found some squares I had started for a blanket then changed my mind about I added an extra row to them and made a few more and they have turned in to a rather nice cover for a beanbag cube footstool I've got, will post some pictures some. I'm also busy making squares for some knee blankets for a commission decided to make them 8x8 squares so for three blankets that's going to be 192 squares to do and join together.
But I've taken a break from all the squares to make this little cutie. A quick commission from a neighboring business friend, who like myself is enjoying the new series of the clangers on bbc.
I didn't know if it would be possible as the original are knitted and there is actually a knitting pattern on the bbc website but I am a crocheter.
I did some searching and found a pattern here which I did some tweaking too to compleatly this. I had to first translate the pattern from american to english terms and it doesn't state a hook size so I went with a favorite 3.5mm.
   On the pattern they make their ears out of felt but I choose to do the back of mine in crochet and sew some felt to the front, My pattern for the ears is 5dc in magic circle pull up then 2dc in each stitch (10dc) tie off sew small piece of felt on to front and sew on to head. The pattern also has not clothes on the clanger but I had a look at some pictures and managed to cut suitable felt pieces and stitch them on. I think he's super cute and may have to make myself one as well now.








No comments:

Post a Comment