Thursday 2 March 2017

March already

So it's March already not sure how that happened.
If you can bear to cast your minds back I'm going to do a couple of blog posts about Christmas, One about the crafty things I made for Christmas and one about the crafty things I got for Christmas (cus my friends and family know me so well.)
As an early Christmas present for my sister I made these cat decorations, I used the same template I designed for my general felt cats which I sell and adapted the extra pieces and embroidery to make them look like her cats.
I even managed to freehand embroider their names on the back. I'm rather pleased with how these turned out and my sister was very pleased with them too.









  Oh course I made a batch of Christmas cards lots of them had tree themes this year. the cut away tree punch ones looked good and I was also pleased with the lovely as a tree ones which have sheet music paper behind and vellum with embossed dots for a snowy look in front, these were for my choir buddies.





I had a commission for a couple of Toft critter for my Mother in Law to send to family. This Bridget the Elephant and Austin the Rhino have gone to live with a lovely pair of twin girls.









A cousin of mine was rather impressed with the felt cats I had made for my sister so with lots of looking at Facebook pictures of her two fluff balls I managed to make a pair for her too.
 Again I managed to freehand embroider their names on the back.











 On a baking front I experimented with 3d ginger bread for a games night with friends. I'd had the cutters for a while and have been trying to find a time to try them out. I used the recipe provided with them and although it takes a while to come together (so much so I thought I'd left something out it was so dry.) the end result is really tasty and keeps its shape really well. Along with the 3d bits I also made lots of mini angels and gingerbread men. With the speed which my friends demolished it I think was alright.


I also gifted a couple of crochet quirky birds to my brother in law and his partner but forgot to photograph them before they headed up to their new home in Scotland,




It seems like a very long time ago now but there you are crafty things I did for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment