Sunday 28 October 2012

Stampin up! workshop.

Last night I had a stampin up workshop, I've attended a few in the past but this was my first time at hosting.
In preparation I baked my favourite baking recipe, cookies, one batch chocolate chip and another cinnamon and raisin. I thought I would take this chance to use a cake stand I'd made earlier in the year for WI competition "new from old", its done using two lovely old plates and a wooden candle stick which I spray painted gold to match better with the patterns on the pates. I think its shows the cookies off rather well.
I also made some token thank-you gifts for the people attending the workshop, little note pads and pens embellished with various stampin up papers from the past spice cake and everyday enchantment sets. The pens I am particularly pleased with as the thin paper strip is carefully curled to fit inside the clear plastic casing of the pen, meaning it wont peel off or rub against the users hand.
Unfortunately not as many people as I would have hoped attended the workshop but those that did sat down to some makings. These are the two cards we had a go at. the one on the left is a stamp collage layering different stamped images with complimentary inks to create an elegant yet quick and easy for posting card. The card on the right is a cute Christmas card, a coloured base is layered with a strip of glittered card and then reindeer with bow embellishment and coordinating shaped sentiment. The little touch of sparkle really set this card off.

Everyone getting stuck in to the making and cookie eating.The final picture is of the lovely thank you gift received from the demonstrator Zoe, a collection of collage stamped cards presented in a vellum envelope and tied with bakers twine. this just shows that handmade cards can make a lovely gift for others to use as well as just cards as cards.  
Anyone interested in stampin up products can see Zoe's blog here
or like her facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment