Wednesday 11 March 2015

Latest Craftstyle samples

During my extended crafting session I had time to do some samples for Craftstyle products they had some new ranges out and needed samples for an upcoming show.
The set I was sent was vintage sports this is a nice set for those always difficult male cards. So here's what I made.
The fist is using the football themed backing paper and toppers, This card blank was included in my pack and I think I folded is correctly it gives a flat front to the card and then a raised section inside allowing for lots of area to decorate.  
 Here you can see the folded area more clearly it really adds depth to the card.





This one is just a normal folded blank with embossed dot pattern and scalloped edge.  I have decorated it with the racing car designs. and have shaped the patterned paper slightly to continue the scallop.









 This one again uses the racing car theme. In the aperture I have placed some patterned paper at the back and have suspended the sentiment on pieces of cotton to allow for a little movement and something abit different from foam pads. I have made good use of the coordinating edging strips down either side of the card.



 
 The next is using the cricket theme I have sectioned the card in to quarters with two being filled with the patterned paper and the other two with raised and angled sentiment and topper the edging strips tidy up and define the sections. I like how the dots pick up the round ball shapes on the paper.
 This one is a gatefold card with the main topped being on the inside. it is a golf theme. I had two of the same topper so have cut out the figure on one and placed it on with foam pads to give the image some depth and interest.
 The outside is decorated with the patterned paper, sentiments and edging strips to hold it closed these folded around the card and joined at the back. The only bit I am displeased about with this card was that the two front panels are not the same size and I didn't measure the paper the right way round for allowing pattern match across the joins.
 My last sample is the still on trend exploding box card this was an actual blank included in the kit so good news for those who wouldn't go to the effort of creating your own blank, ( it is rather tricky without a score board of some sort) For this one I used the football theme and cut out small items from the backing paper which were suspended on thin pieces of acetate behind the main topper. I used a complimenting paper from my stash to cover the inside sections and placed a sentiment and cut out scarf on the front flap.





I was quite pleased with this set of samples and was able to spot some of them on the photos on the craftstyle facebook page when they went to Hobby craft and stitch international show in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment