Wednesday 27 May 2015

Why Folksy?

Hopefully by now most of my readers have had chance to check out my new Folksy shop Hannah's Craft Cottage and see the exciting crafts I've got for sale there.
I thought I would do a blog post telling you all abit about Folksy.
Launched in 2008 Folksy is a UK based (actually near Sheffield on the edge of the Peak District) selling platform for handmade crafts sellers based in the UK. On their website they say they believe in Craft skills, Strength in numbers, and Cottage industries, this means they appreciate small industries working with creative talent to make beautiful items and gives a platform for them to show their work to a larger mainstream audience allowing them to grow their businesses.

I choose Folksy for these reasons, they have the ethos of working with sellers so we all get the best out of it and because they are UK based I feel this is better is a customer is looking for something "homemade" it also helps if its British. There are other larger platforms out there but why if you were looking for a British designed craft item would you want to buy it thought an American site.

I hope everyone likes my Folksy shop and share it with your friends also enjoy looking around Folksy in general it is a wonderful place showing what a talented island we are.

Check back soon to read about my newest felt decoration design.

No comments:

Post a Comment