Tuesday 19 May 2015

Woodhall Spa Country Show

The first of this years craft stalls at events was Woodhall Spa Country show. This was a new event for us. I was surprised by the size of the show with a craft marquee, various outdoor stalls and stands, vintage tractors, poultry tent, sheep and cows.

 So here's my stall. I had a mixture of two tables one of which I put side ways to create a work space at the back. I used a brown gingham cloth as my main color with pale blue at one end this time I didn't pin any bunting across the front. I used my new set of white crates and white tree to create staging.
 To one end was a couple of crates with the candle jars on and the friendship teas, tissue packs and one basket of cards in front. The friendship teas sold well which I was pleased about.
 The Quirky birds took pride of place on the white tree and were greatly admired for their own loveliness and because the main theme of the show was poultry. they had good height on the third white crate and below them was the felt decorations and lavender bags.
 Mums new set of tatted key rings and bookmarks made a lovely display towards the center of the stall although I maybe could have done with something under the key rings to make them stand out abit better.
 The other end of the main table had a selection of cards placed on the staging steps and wooden easels I like how this looked although it is not a look I can recreate on all my stalls as the wind could easily knock them over. There was also a new batch of crochet brooches in a mixture of colors.
 This was the silk wrist corsage I took with me a pre-order from the official show photographer. I think she liked the country look I had aimed to achieve with soft tones, corn and berries, with a touch of girly lace.
I also wanted to share with you this little cutie, for many the star of the show a lovely Highland cow calf and mummy, it was so fluffy. 









The show was an enjoyable if long day with plenty of people admiring my crafts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment