Tuesday 5 September 2017

Wragby Show 17

In the run up to Wragby show I made a new batch of friendship teas to add to the stock and its just as well I did as these proved really popular. I've also been sewing up a new batch of felt oak leaves ready for autumn.
 Mum also launched her new rag wreaths at this show, aren't they just so pretty. An excellent decoration for all kinds of places around the home. £15 each.
Because I knew the space at Wragby is narrower than alot of the events I attend I decided to have a practice at setting up the stall in a different way at the shop before hand. I was really quite pleased with the layout and the height I created.
I used a different stand in the center of the stall which displayed the wreaths and used both my display trees.  
 And is the stall on the day, complete with illuminated Hannah's Craft Cottage sign which i think is rather quirky. Unfortunately the tent was laid out differently to last year and we didn't have an edge space as we were expecting but we made the best of what we had and worked at the ends of the stall rather than behind.  I put my half apron with pockets to use for this so sales could be made from either end of the stall.
Here's why the second tree has been brought out for the stall a few Christmas bits have snuck out. The mini drying rack was working well again with a mixture of items being displayed on it.
The pocket tissue holders have been changed in to these two oblong baskets with a suitcase creating height and depth. I think this works really well much better than the old giant oval basket, here there is enough choice on display without over phasing the customer.  I have a couple more of this style of basket displaying the fabric hearts and crochet flower brooches and they help give abit of uniformity to the stall and seem to fit in the space better than round ones.
On a quick wander around the show I happened to spot this giant tortoise isn't it awesome, there were several of them wandering about in an enclosure.
We sold a good mix of items at this show and had a couple of repeat customers which was nice. However overall it was not as good as last year. I've sent some feedback points to the organizers about what may have had an influence on sales hopefully next year will be better.
Our next stall (weather permitting) will be Sunday the 8th of October Gunby Hall Apple day.  

1 comment:

  1. Your stall looks fab Hannah. Sorry not so good a previously. Zx

    ReplyDelete