Monday 22 September 2014

Christmas crafting in August

I know I know seems mad but if your gona sell craft you have to be ahead on the seasons so I started making my felt Christmas decorations while I was out of the shop due to the flood.
I see the ones I've made so far in two sets so will be doing two blog posts about them.
The first one is called Shapes, these are decorations shaped like traditional Christmas things this set began life last year as some gingerbread houses I made while on a trip to my in-laws, they sold well so I've made some more.

These are the ones from last year.
So new shapes for this year start with Christmas puddings these have been done in two different shades of brown and decorated with contrasting embroidered stars, white felt icing and green bow with button. I've done some with the gingham ribbon and some with a dotty ribbon.

The other shade of pudding












 Then we have some cute little robins these are stitched in festive red and finished off with contrasting wing, red belly and black bead eye.










 Some look left and some look right. All my felt decorations are hand-stitched.









 And last in the shapes set, for the moment is this terrific two tone holly leaf which is finished off with vein stitching and mini red pom poms.










So there you go my first set of felt Christmas decorations for this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment